In a booming premium bottled water market, Voss has managed to stand out among its competitors with its striking packaging and a reputation for quality, but is Voss water good for you? Consumers are becoming increasingly health-conscious and willing to invest in products that promise exceptional purity and taste, so the question of the benefits of drinking Voss water is more relevant than ever.
This article aims to explore the nutritional and health claims surrounding Voss water and consider the potential environmental and social impacts of choosing this widely popular brand. From its origins in the pristine wilderness of Norway to its sleek glass bottle on store shelves, we delve into the world of Voss water to uncover the truth about whether this premium water is truly beneficial for our health and well-being or if the hype surrounding it is just a carefully marketed illusion.
What Is Voss Water?
For those who are not familiar with Voss Water, it is a premium brand of bottled water that hails from Norway. The water is sourced from an artesian well in the remote village of Vatnestrøm in southern Norway. The water is known for its pure and refreshing taste, and it is sold in a distinctive cylindrical glass bottle.
VOSS is a Norwegian bottled water brand that produces still and sparkling water. The brand is owned by Reignwood Group and is recognized for its high ethical ratings and accreditation scores. Voss Water’s commitment to quality sets it apart from other bottled water brands. The water is naturally filtered and contains low levels of total dissolved solids (TDS), which measure the amount of minerals and other substances in the water. Voss Water has a TDS level of 22 parts per million (ppm), significantly lower than most bottled waters’ average TDS level.
Another unique feature of Voss Water is its packaging. The water is sold in a glass bottle that is both stylish and environmentally friendly. The bottle is made of high-quality glass that is both reusable and recyclable. The brand also offers a range of other products, such as sparkling and flavored water, that come in the same distinctive glass bottle.
One of the things that I appreciate about Voss Water is its commitment to sustainability. The company strives to minimize its environmental impact by using renewable energy sources and reducing its carbon footprint. Additionally, Voss Water partners with various organizations to support environmental initiatives around the world.
Voss Water Ingredients
I had always assumed that all bottled water was the same, but Voss claims to be different. According to their website, Voss Water is “bottled at an artesian source in pristine Southern Norway” and is “naturally filtered and protected from pollutants.” This sounded promising, so I decided to do some research on the Voss Water ingredients to see if it was worth trying.
I first looked at the typical mineral content in Voss Water. As a health-conscious person, I know minerals are important for overall health. Here’s what I found:
- Calcium: 5mg/L
- Chloride: 12mg/L
- Magnesium: 1mg/L
- Potassium: 0mg/L
- Total Dissolved Solids (TDS): 44mg/L
At first glance, these numbers may not mean much to you. But let me break it down for you. Calcium is essential for strong bones and teeth, and 5mg/L is a decent amount. Chloride is necessary for proper fluid balance and nerve function, and 12mg/L is a good amount. Magnesium is important for muscle and nerve function, and 1mg/L is a small but beneficial amount. Potassium is essential for heart health and muscle function, but Voss Water contains none. Finally, TDS is a measure of the amount of dissolved solids in the water, and 44mg/L is quite low compared to other bottled waters.
Overall, the mineral content in Voss Water is decent. While it’s not the highest in any particular mineral, it does offer a good balance of important minerals. Plus, the low TDS means that the water is clean and pure.
Voss Water Nutrition Facts
As someone who values a well-rounded diet, I couldn’t help but wonder about the nutrition facts of this seemingly high-end water.
After researching, I was surprised that Voss Water has no nutritional value. That’s right, zero calories, zero total fat, zero sodium, zero total carbohydrates, and zero protein per serving. While some may see this as a negative, I see it as a positive aspect of the brand. Voss Water is pure and unadulterated, providing hydration without added sugars or artificial ingredients.
For those who are health-conscious, Voss Water may be the perfect choice. It won’t interfere with your daily caloric intake goals without adding calories. Additionally, its lack of sodium makes it an excellent choice for those watching their sodium intake, whether for health or personal preferences.
But Voss Water may not be the best choice for those looking for bottled water with added health benefits. While other brands offer infused water with added vitamins or minerals, Voss Water is pure. However, for those who value simplicity and purity, Voss Water’s lack of added ingredients may be exactly what they’re looking for.
Is Voss Water Good for You?
Voss Water is a premium bottled water brand that has recently gained popularity. Sourced from an underground aquifer in Southern Norway, Voss Water is naturally filtered and protected from pollution. It is free from pollutants, additives, and artificial ingredients, making it unique, pure, and great tasting.
It is available in various flavors and styles, including still, sparkling, ginger, glacier, fruit-infused, and light lemonade. Voss Water is also available in sugar-free, calorie-free, low-calorie, and gluten-free options, making it suitable for those looking to reduce their intake of sugar and calories.
The company is strongly committed to environmental responsibility, using recycled materials, and having a 100% recyclable bottle design that reduces litter and waste. Voss Water received a perfect score from the Environmental Working Group’s Water Quality Index and is certified kosher and Halal.
The TDS level of Voss Sparkling Bottled Water is around 100s, respectively. The pH level of Voss Sparkling Bottled Water is around 5.5, making it micro-filtered and distilled water.
Overall, Voss Water is a premium bottled water brand for hydration. It contains pure, natural, and great-tasting water and is also environmentally responsible, making it well-suited for those with an active and health-conscious lifestyle.
- Is Vita Coco Healthy
- Is Blk Water Good For You
- Is Lime Juice Good For You
- Is Vitamin Water Zero Good For You
What Trace Elements Are Found In Voss Water?
Recent tests show that Voss water contains trace minerals and electrolytes, with 72 minerals found in Voss Plus. Voss Plus is the enhanced version of Voss water, infused with added minerals and electrolytes from Iceland’s coastal seas. The pH levels in Voss Plus are neutral, while the pH in Voss Sparkling tests at about 5.5. Voss Plus water is also micro-filtered and distilled. The Voss company suggests storing the water in a cold place out of sunlight, and the bottle is made of 100% recycled PET.
Voss recently released their Voss + line, which features enhanced waters infused with natural flavors, nutraceutical ingredients, and trace minerals. The three types of Voss + included are Voss + Collagen, Voss + Vitamin D, and Voss + Aquamin. Voss+ is a sustainable and beneficial alternative to regular bottled water nationwide.
In summary, the trace elements found in Voss water are minerals and electrolytes, with Voss Plus containing 72 trace minerals and electrolytes from the seas of Iceland. The Voss + line contains natural flavors, nutraceutical ingredients, and trace minerals.
Are There Any Risks Associated With Drinking Voss Water Regularly?
No evidence suggests that drinking VOSS water regularly poses any health risks. VOSS does not use GMOs in Europe, and there are no known criticisms of the brand in the USA. Although VOSS has a middle score under the Environmental Report category, the brand has a sustainability page on its website with some sustainability targets, such as reducing its carbon footprint and optimizing its packaging.
There is currently no data or evidence to support that regular consumption of VOSS water contributes to any health issues. It is important to remember that drinking water, in general, is essential for maintaining good health, and drinking VOSS water is an ethical and sustainable choice for consumers.
Does Voss Water Contain Any Harmful Ingredients That We Should Be Aware Of?
According to Voss, their water meets all applicable U.S. Federal, State, and Norwegian bottled water standards for quality and safety. Their scientists and independent certified laboratories perform extensive tests on the water source and finished bottled water product to ensure compliance with all bottled water requirements.
Voss water is generated from underground sources, giving it its natural, unprocessed taste. The Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) levels in Voss water are extremely low compared to leading bottled waters. Voss water bottles are made of PET, a type of plastic not known to contain BPA, a chemical linked to health concerns. Additionally, Voss water is produced in an environmentally-friendly way, drawn from a spring in Norway and bottled at the source, which reduces the carbon footprint.
Therefore, it is safe to say that Voss water contains no harmful ingredients that we should be aware of.
How Does Voss Water Aid In Hydration?
VOSS Water is recognized as one of the world’s purest bottled water, with a significantly lower TDS count than most other major water brands, giving VOSS its crisp, pure, and clean taste. The water has low mineral content and is available in still, sparkling, flavored, and VOSS+ ranges. VOSS maintains a strong commitment to sustainability, focusing on package optimization, carbon footprint reduction, and water stewardship.
The VOSS+ series of enhanced water innovations are designed to address specific deficiencies, helping enable consumers to look and feel their best by helping them meet their daily vitamin, mineral, and hydration needs. Through VOSS+ enhanced water innovations, VOSS looks to deliver overall health support and better hydration via unique and meaningful ingredients.
It is important to note that all VOSS bottles, including the iconic glass and plastic (PET) bottles, are recyclable. VOSS is proud to donate products to various causes, charities, and organizations needing bottled water supplies in limited periods during the year.
Does The pH Level Of Voss Water Make A Difference In Its Health Benefits?
Voss Water has a pH level of 5.5, which is on the acidic side of the pH scale, and thus it cannot offer the benefits of alkaline water. However, the slightly acidic nature of Voss water may help lower the pH levels in one’s body and benefit those with acid reflux or digestive issues. It is important to note that Voss water is not recommended as the sole source of hydration or for those seeking to alkalize their bodies. Voss bottled water is slightly acidic but still suitable for drinking.
Whether or not Voss water is healthy for an individual is subjective and varies based on dietary needs. Some people believe that Voss water is a healthier option than other types of bottled water because it is purified and has a very low mineral content. However, some argue that Voss water may not be as healthy as other purified water brands due to its high cost and lack of essential minerals.
Is Voss Water Still Distilled?
Voss Still Water is not distilled water. It is sourced from an artesian aquifer in Southern Norway and is shielded from pollutants for centuries under layers of ice and rock. The aquifer produces naturally pure water free of sodium and low in minerals.
Voss Still Water has a distinct clean taste and a low TDS (total dissolved solids) level of 44, making it one of the purest bottled waters available. The Voss glass bottle is an iconic and award-winning design inspired by the simplicity of classic Scandinavian design and the purity of the water source. Voss bottles, including glass and plastic (PET) bottles, are recyclable, and the company is committed to sustainability initiatives, such as reducing plastic and expanding the use of recycled PET across its portfolio.
Voss also offers an enhanced water line called Voss+, which includes vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes to support overall health and hydration needs. There are no allergens in Voss water, and it is Kosher certified. The company donates its product to charitable causes and organizations in need of bottled water supplies, and they are always looking for new distributors with an existing brand portfolio and a strong network in retail and e-commerce. Voss bottles are available in various sizes and can be purchased at various locations.
Overall, Voss water is not distilled; it is sourced from an artesian aquifer and is one of the purest bottled waters available, with a distinct clean taste and low mineral content.
Voss vs Fiji Water
When comparing Voss Water and Fiji Water based on factual data, both brands have different ratings in terms of brand ranking, CEO rating, gender score, diversity score, overall culture, perk, and benefits score, as well as professional development score.
- According to the ranking by customers of each brand, Fiji Water is ranked #1 in Global Top 1000 Brands, while Voss is ranked #2.
- In terms of CEO rating, Rokoseru Nabalarua, CEO of Fiji Water, we have received a higher score at 64/100 compared to Mike Frayne, CEO of Voss, who scored 58/100.
- Neither brand has enough ratings to calculate gender and diversity scores. However, Fiji Water has a higher overall culture rating of 65/100 compared to Voss, which scored 58/100.
- In terms of employee net promoter score, Fiji Water has a higher score with 3 promoters, 33%, and 6 detractors, 67%, while Voss has 5 promoters, 56%, 2 passives, 22%, and 2 detractors, 22%.
- Fiji Water also has a higher score on leadership culture rating at 62/100 compared to Voss, who scored 59/100. Meanwhile, Voss does not have enough ratings to calculate their perk and benefits score, and their professional development score is also not rated.
Overall, Voss and Fiji Water have different ratings and rankings in various categories based on factual data.
Voss Water Vs Tap Water
According to a report by Norwegian TV station TV2, Voss Water has the same source as tap water from the municipal supply in Norway. The water is not bottled in the municipality and is more than 400 kilometers away from the bottling site. Despite Voss Water’s marketing claims, TV2 stands by its report, which contradicts Voss’s manufacturing process claims.
Voss Water is available in still and sparkling forms and is marketed in over 50 countries worldwide. Voss Water claims its manufacturing process is completely natural, and Neil Kraft designed its cylindrical glass bottle. Despite its popularity, in tests sponsored by Finland’s national broadcasting company, Voss Water was rated the lowest out of six waters tested, which included public tap water.
Nevertheless, Voss Water retains its popularity as one of the most expensive bottled water brands worldwide. It is known for its high-class status and unique taste from its naturally filtered source.
Where To Buy Voss Water?
Voss Artesian Water is naturally pure and low in minerals and sodium, making it one of the purest bottled waters available. Here are some of my top picks for where to buy Voss water:
- Amazon: Amazon is a great choice if you’re looking for convenience and a wide selection. They offer various sizes and quantities of Voss water; you can even get it delivered right to your doorstep.
- Target: Target is another great option for buying Voss water. They carry both the still and sparkling varieties, and you can even use their website to check if it’s available at a store near you.
- Whole Foods: If you’re looking for a health-conscious option, Whole Foods is a good choice. They carry Voss water in still and sparkling varieties, and their stores are known for their commitment to natural and organic products.
- Walmart: Walmart carries Voss water at a competitive price, making it a good option for those on a budget. They also offer the option to order online and pick up in-store for convenience.
- Voss’ official website: If you want to order directly from the source, Voss’ official website is a great option. They offer a variety of sizes and quantities, and you can even sign up for a subscription to have it delivered regularly.
There are several great options for where to buy Voss water. Whether you prefer the convenience of online shopping or the in-person experience of shopping at a physical store, you’re sure to find a reliable source for this refreshing and high-quality bottled water.
Alternatives to Voss Water
As someone always looking for new and exciting alternatives to Voss Water, I’ve researched and tried numerous brands. While Voss is undoubtedly a high-quality brand with its sleek packaging and refreshing taste, plenty of other options are just as good, if not better.
- Smart Water – This alternative to Voss Water has a smooth and sleek design with no leak issues reported for sensory bottle projects. It can be found at gas stations, Walmart, and other retailers.
- Karma Wellness Water – Although the cap of this water bottle may get slightly damaged during the process of making a sensory bottle, the shape and size of the bottle make it a great alternative to the VOSS water bottle. It can be found at gas stations and convenience stores like 7/11.
- Scented Bubbles – Scented Bubbles offer a variety of options when it comes to the color of the bottle caps, making them aesthetically similar to VOSS water bottles. Plus, at only $1.25 each, they’re a budget-friendly alternative to Voss Water. They can be found at Dollar Tree stores year-round.
- Aquafina – This brand has a clean and simple design that could work well for sensory bottle projects. It can be found at most grocery stores.
- Fiji Water – Although more expensive, Fiji Water has a similar top-to-bottom shape consistency as VOSS water bottles and a smooth design that could work well for sensory bottles. It can be found at most grocery stores.
- Evian – Evian water bottles have a sleek design with a large opening that makes adding objects to sensory bottles easy. It can be found at most grocery stores.
- Life Wtr – This brand has a unique design incorporating artwork on the bottle, which could make for interesting sensory bottles. It can be found at most grocery stores.
- Crystal Geyser – With a simple design and affordable price point, Crystal Geyser makes for a great alternative to Voss Water. It can be found at most grocery stores.
- Icelandic Glacial Water – Another more expensive option, Icelandic Glacial Water has a similar top-to-bottom shape consistency as VOSS water bottles and a smooth design that could work well for sensory bottles. It can be found at specialty stores and some grocery stores.
- San Pellegrino – Although the shape is slightly different, San Pellegrino has a unique design with a textured label that may make for interesting sensory bottles. It can be found at most grocery stores.
- Perrier – Perrier water bottles have a sleek and simple design that could work well for sensory bottle projects. It can be found at most grocery stores.
- Hint Water – With various flavors and a simple design, Hint Water is a great alternative to Voss Water for sensory bottles. It can be found at specialty stores and some grocery stores.
- Poland Spring – Poland Spring water bottles have a classic design and affordable price point, making them a great alternative to Voss Water. It can be found at most grocery stores.
- Penta Water – This brand offers a unique hexagonal shape that could make for interesting sensory bottles. It can be found at specialty stores and some grocery stores.
- Gerolsteiner – Gerolsteiner water bottles have a sleek and simple design that could work well for sensory bottle projects. It can be found at specialty stores and some grocery stores.
- Nestle Pure Life – Another classic design, Nestle Pure Life is a great affordable alternative to Voss Water for sensory bottles. It can be found at most grocery stores.
- Dasani – With a clean and simple design, Dasani water bottles could work well for sensory bottles. It can be found at most grocery stores.
- Smartwater Sparkling – This flavored sparkling water comes in a sleek bottle that could make for an interesting sensory bottle. It can be found at most grocery stores.
- Icelandic Provisions Water – This brand offers a unique square shape that could make for interesting sensory bottles. It can be found at specialty stores and some grocery stores.
- VOSS Artesian Water – If all else fails, VOSS Artesian Water can be ordered online, allowing for the consistency in shape desired for sensory bottles.
Is Voss Water Suitable For People With Specific Health Conditions (E.g., Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Etc.)?
VOSS Water is safe for people with specific health conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. VOSS Still Water has low mineral content while still maintaining its distinct taste. It contains less than 45 parts per million of Total Dissolved Solids, making it one of the purest bottled waters in the world. The plastic (PET) VOSS bottles are BPA-free, making them safe for human consumption. VOSS is also committed to sustainability by reducing its use of plastic and expanding the use of recycled PET across its portfolio.
The VOSS+ line of enhanced water also delivers unique and meaningful ingredients that help consumers meet their daily vitamin, mineral, and hydration needs. High blood pressure and diabetes are closely linked, and hypertension can lead to heart disease, making it important to control blood pressure levels. However, people with high blood pressure and diabetes can still consume VOSS water regularly. VOSS is suitable for people with specific health conditions, and anyone interested in its product is encouraged to contact the VOSS distribution team.
How Does The Cost Of Voss Water Compare To Other Bottled Water Brands, And Is It Worth The Price?
Voss Water is more expensive than other bottled water brands due to a combination of factors contributing to its premium pricing. These factors include drilling deep wells, using stylish glass bottles, undergoing a microfiltration treatment and triple distillation process, as well as maintaining strict adherence to high-quality standards. Additionally, Voss Water is marketed as an upscale luxury product aimed at a niche audience who value premium quality and are willing to pay a higher price.
The unique volcanic rock deep aquifer in Norway, from which Voss Water is sourced, also sets it apart from other bottled waters. Despite its higher price point, Voss Water has gained recognition as an award-winning brand and has earned a reputation for being a high-quality upscale product. Whether it is worth the price ultimately depends on individual preferences and priorities.
What Quality Standards Does Voss Water Adhere To?
Voss Water adheres to quality standards set by the US, Federal, State, and Norwegian regulations. The water undergoes extensive testing by scientists and certified laboratories to ensure compliance with all bottled water requirements. Voss Water meets all bottled water standards for quality and safety, making it a top-tier brand.
In conclusion, is Voss Water good for you? The answer is yes. Voss Water is a healthy choice for hydration because it is purified and free of harmful chemicals. While it may lack the minerals found in natural spring water, it still provides the essential hydration your body needs. Plus, its eco-friendly packaging is a bonus. So, the next time you’re looking for a refreshing drink, reach for a bottle of Voss Water and feel good about your choice.
Hey there! I’m Joseph Younan, and I love all things coffee-related. In fact, I work as an admin at Aje Cafe, a local spot that serves up some of the freshest ingredients and tastiest coffee around.
I also like to review home appliances like blenders and juicers – I’ve tried out pretty much every model out there! So if you’re in the market for one of those, be sure to check out my reviews.
More About Joseph Younan